Photography helps people to see.

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Day #341








I went on two walks today. Count them. Two. 

I was watching TV and playing xbox and generally being lazy until about 2 o' clock, at which point I wanted some natural light. When I got outside, I realised that there wasn't any. 

Whilst walking along the seafront, I found the sweetest song I have ever heard in my life - 'Heartbeats' by Jose Gonzalez . On the first walk, I found a vodka bottle, a sea gull, a Nikon lens cap and the old crazy golf place that my family used to go to. 

On the second walk, there was a rainbow and I was trying to race the clouds to the end of the pier in order to get the rainbow over the wind turbines in the channel. I got distracted and the clouds won. I realised that I am actually looking forward to winter because nobody goes out and these are ideal photography conditions: nobody staring at you, getting in the way and, best of all, I can wear my Bellowhead hat from Day #142.

Photographers and guitarists are the most jealous people on the planet, even if we deny it.

 I could be watching a guy take a photo with his family on his little camera, just for a memory of being there and find myself mumbling some profanities about how he doesn't deserve his camera. I could also be listening and watching a young guitarist, just learning to play Twinkle Twinkle on an out of tune classical guitar and I would suddenly feel envious. This is stupid. Really stupid. Photography helps people to see, I have that on my own blog! I am just a hypocrite if I say I'm allowed to see...but...you aren't and nor are you. You never see more than three guitarists in a band because usually their egos never fit in the same room together.

 Confusing rant over.

Until tomorrow

Will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment